SHIP Practitioners Services
The day when safety measures were a hindrance to productivity has passed and management has realized that safe working practices are an investment with positive returns.
Increasing health hazards in the workplace, monitoring legislative obligations for employers and the enormous costs associated with occupational mishaps all add up to one strong message – no organisation can afford anything less than legal compliance!
Over and above this, there is a need to develop, educate and train the workforce and legally protect employers as well as employees as described in the auspices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals and Energy Act and other relevant legislation and SANS codes of Practice.
- Occupational Hygiene Surveys
Illumination, Noise, Air Quality, Ventilation, Hazardous Chemical Substance Sampling, etc.
- Environmental Health and Management Assessments – Air, Water and Soil Pollution
Vehicle Emissions, Fall Out Dust, Stack Monitoring, Water Analysis, Soil Analysis, etc.
- Risk Assessments
Hazard Installation Risk Assessment (HIRA), Hazardous Chemical Substance Risk Assessment (HCSRA)
Read more on Risk Assessment at SHIP Practitioners.
- Assistance with the requirements under the Construction Regulations as per OHS Act 85 of 1993: Health and Safety Plan, Risk Assessments, Safety Audits, etc.
- Identify and advise on the risks and hazards encountered by employees
- Implement a corrective action programme, ensuring maximum rebase on group assessment
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) – Food Safety Management
- Legal Compliance Audits – OHS Act 85 of 1994
- ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 – Compliance Audits
- Introduce and/or modify a legal auditing system to suit an organizations needs
- Assistance with the presentation of an organizations Occupational Health, Safety and Quality as well as Environmental Systems during Related Audits
- Conduct internal systems audit on a continuous basis to ensure on-going system compliance
- Occupational Health Risk Exposure Profile (OHREPS)
- Occupational Health/ Medical Services, Full Medicals, Lung Functions, Biological Monitoring, Hearing Tests, etc.
Contact SHIP Practitioners for more information.